Eileen Klima » About me

About me

I love my job working as a Student Assistance Counselor. I love working with students and their families. I like to work in a school environment, because that is where the kids are, especially those who do not have the resources to get help.

 I grew up in Los Angeles and attended Los Angeles Valley College. In 1990, I earned my Bachelor of Science Degree in Psychology from the California State University Northridge. I moved to Humboldt County to attend the Cal Poly Humboldt University and graduated in 1993 with a Master of Arts Degree in Psychology and a Pupil Personnel Services Credential in School Psychology and School Counseling. I worked in Humboldt County schools as a School Psychologist and School Counselor for thirteen years. I went back to Cal Poly Humboldt and earned a second Master of Arts Degree in Psychology specializing in Marriage and Family Therapy. I am currently a Licensed  Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT).

I helped create the Family Therapists in Schools Network for the American Association of Marriage and Family Therapists. The purpose was to connect LMFT’s across the United States to support and educate each other.

I am the Director of the Disastershock Global Response Team (DGRT) Ambassadors Program for the Oxford Symposium in School Based Family Counseling. The Ambassadors are high school and college students participating in a humanitarian organization to help support and connect psychologists, university research professors, educators and high school students around the world to broaden School Based Family Counseling.

    My passion is my family. I feel fortunate that my husband, Ken Klima, works at AHS as an English teacher. We enjoy our four children, their partners and our granddaughter.

How can students see me? (Please choose any one of the following options)

  • Schedule an appointment: Make an appointment with me by using the QR code located around campus. I will send out a pass to you as soon as I can. You can also sign up to see me on the AHS website under “Counseling Services”.

  • Ask your teacher:  to call my extension number 24039 to see if I am available.

  • Walk-in: Walk into the Attendance Office during break or lunch and leave your name for me.
  • Walk-in Anytime: Please walk-in anytime when there is an emergency or crisis.

How can parents and caregivers contact me?

  • Phone: Please call me at 707 825-2439