Welcome to the AHS Counseling Services site! Our Counseling Department consists of the following:
- Three Academic Counselors
- One Student Assistance/Crisis Counselor
- One Career and College Counselor
- One School Nurse
- One School Social Worker
Each student works with one academic counselor throughout their four years at AHS. Academic counselors provide students with educational and vocational support and help foster their personal and social development. Students see their academic counselor within the context of the classroom as well as meet one-on-one with them as needed. Our goal as a counseling team is to help your student acquire the skills required to reach their post-high school goals. Some of the support and opportunities we provide include:
- Assisting students in developing a 4-year plan in ninth grade that is updated annually.
- Meeting with students to discuss academic goals, CTE pathways, and college/career planning.
- Hosting workshops and guest speakers to share expertise on the college admissions process and financial aid options.
- Preparing school materials on behalf of students to universities and colleges for admissions and scholarship purposes.