About the Library
The AHS Library is the commons area for the school and all students are welcomed
We are an instructional library that offers accurate and reliable information resources to support current information literacy and technology standards. Library staff directly supports and collaborates with teaching faculty and also promotes recreational reading, creating, and learning of all students. The library aims to include diverse materials that equitably represent Black, Indigenous, Asian, Pacific Islander, Middle Eastern, Latinx, Hispanic, Mixed, LGBTQ+, people with disability, and intersectional perspectives and voices. We strive to be a welcoming space for all students and staff. We are open to suggestions for improvement.
We directly support the school student learning outcomes that all students will be
Responsible and Respectful
Independent and Collaborative Learners
Seekers of Knowledge
Engaged and Effective Communicators.
- The library is to be used for checking-in/out books, study, reading, and research during class periods.
- Students may use the library before school, during breaks and lunch.
During these times, students may use the library for recreational use.
- Students must have a pass from their classroom teacher to use the library during class time and flex time.
- Students must sign-in when using the library.
- Masks must be worn at all times in the library.
- Students with an open period must have a previous agreement to use the library; otherwise, students are expected to be off-campus during open periods.
- Classes have priority in the library over students who have free periods.
- Students must use the library for academic study, reading, research, etc. during open periods.
- Up to 10 books may be checked out for up to 4 weeks. Books may be renewed if there are no holds on them.
Library FLEX TIME Policies:
Student Use of Materials:
- Students must check out materials before taking them.
- Materials are checked out for a three-week period, but may be renewed for more time if there is not a hold on the item.
- Students will be charged the cost of replacing any lost or damaged materials.
- Printing is not charged, but will be monitored and limited to academic use only. No color printing is available.
- TEXTBOOKS: Textbooks for all subjects are available for student use in the library. Students will be charged for lost or damaged textbooks.