Registration Information for New Students
January is the time of Open Enrollment and Registration for the next school year. This is always an exciting time as incoming students and parents get their first glimpse of the opportunities at AHS. A few important things to remember about registration are:
- Students living within the Arcata High School Enrollment Area simply need to complete the registration form and provide proof of residence in Arcata. If you have questions please call the AHS office.
- Students living within the McKinleyville High School Enrollment Area must complete an Intradistrict Request and have it approved before enrolling at AHS.
- Students living outside the boundaries of the Northern Humboldt Enrollment Area must complete and submit an Interdistrict form and have it approved before enrollment at AHS.
- Meeting the deadlines for submission of forms is critical to the process.
Upcoming Dates, Events, and Information
- January 18th - Parent Information Night for incoming students
- January 19th - Feeder Schools Visit AHS after lunch
- Open Enrollment takes place in January. The enrollment form for AHS allows prospective students to register online. Incoming Freshman also need to fill out the 9th Grade Course Requests.
- Intradistict and Interdistrict Transfer Information From Superintendent MacDonald Freshman/ New Student Reach Out will happen in January
- Counselors will be visiting feeder schools in January/February for registration/class requests
What you will need to register your student:
- Completed registration form
- If needed Inter/Intra District Forms Completed (Inter District and Intra District Forms)
- Copy of your student's most recent transcripts
- Completed Course Request
- Proof of Residency
- Immunization Records
- Birth Certificate
- AHS Registration Forms
- Inter District and Intra District Transfer Forms (for any student residing outside of our bounds)
- AHS 2024-25 Course Catalog
- Tiger’s Inc (AHS’ Booster Club) Digital Application
- Chromebook Checkout Packet ~~ Required to use a School Issued Chromebook
- AUP Form ~~ Required to access online sources
For More Information Contact:
Maria Coelho, Assistant Principal's Secretary: Contact Maria at [email protected] for any general questions about the registration process/requirements or information and to make sure you receive emails directly from AHS. You can also call me at 707-825-2416
Emily Silveira, Academic Counselor for students with the last names A-G: Contact me at [email protected] for any questions about registration, 4-year planning and course signups
Anna Frary, Academic Counselor for students with the last names H-O: Contact me at [email protected] for any questions about registration, 4-year planning and course signups
Deena Faull, Academic Counselor for students with the last names P-Z: Contact me at [email protected] for any questions about registration, 4-year planning and course signups
Ron Perry, Principal: Contact me at [email protected] for any general questions or information
Tahnia Campbell, Assistant Principal: Contact me at [email protected]for any questions relating to Special Education
Juan Antonio Santisteban, Dean of Students: Contact me at [email protected] for any questions.
To find out more about the open enrollment period visit and inter-district and intra-district transfers visit the information page on the district website.