The Agriculture Program provides students with an opportunity to gain lifelong skills through its connections to Career and Technical Education pathways, science, and sustainable agriculture. Agriculture Program classes:
- Give students the opportunity to be a part of a Premier Leadership Organization.
- Provide college preparatory science classes for students throughout high school.
- Encourage Freshmen to take Sustainable Agriculture Biology.
- Fulfill senior year Government/Economics requirement as long as the student has completed 2 prior Agriculture classes.
- Allow students entering the program as a sophomore or older to start in Sustainable Agriculture Biology unless the Life Science requirement has been met.
- Provide a way to meet the area D UC/CSU entrance requirements through the Agriscience pathway with 3 lab science courses.
- Expand opportunities by having some courses on a rotation and are not offered every year.
- Provide a project based experience in all Agriculture classes, including working with local businesses, group projects, and a variety of hands-on activities such as maintaining the school garden.
- Allow students enrolled in an Agriculture class to be an FFA member. Students work to develop their potential in leadership, personal growth, and career success within the FFA organization.
- Provide FFA members the chance to participate in speaking competitions, judging events, attend leadership conferences, and participate at the chapter, sectional, regional, state, and national levels.
- Provide students the opportunity to participate in a Supervised Agriculture Experience (SAE) to develop entrepreneurial skills, work to secure a job that provides experience in a particular career, or learn how to make a difference in their community through a civic engagement.
Course Sequence for Agriculture Program
- Sustainable Ag. Biology
- Ag & Soil/Chemistry
- Advanced Agriscience
All Available Agriculture Science Courses:
- Sustainable Ag Biology (Life Science)
- Ag & Soil Chemistry (Physical Science)
- Advanced Agriscience CP/HON (Interdisciplinary Science) offered even years
Available Social Science Courses:
Ag Government/Economics (Social Sci.)
Available Fine Art Course:
Floral Design (Fine Art) offered odd years
Newly Available Agriculture Elective Course:
Ag Mechanics (CTE Elective) offered beginning 2023